The challenge on Hero Arts Blog this week is to make "inches" - a 1"x1" stamped square.
So here goes! My first inchies!
The recipe:
- I started with 2 new Hero Arts stamps (new to me anyway) - the long branch and the bird in a cage. The second little bird on the branch I drew by hand.
- I stamped those with Brillance Graphite Black on SU Whisper White CS.
- The yellow background is Lasting Impressions CS (very old - from my stash).
- The greeting "you're the best" is SU from "A little birdie told me" set.
- The blue CS is SU Blue Bayou - can't believe that my favorite colour will be retired!!!
- The pale blue (behind the bird cage and greeting) is Stampin'Up! Bashful blue.
- I drew the bird and the wire for the cage with a Copic Multi liner pen.
- The ribbon is Stampin'Up! Blue Bayou.
- Oh yes, the image was colored with SU Blue Bayou and Marigold Morning Inks and a waterbrush.
- I added a touch of iridiscent ink on the birds and on the sun (a product called Silk by Stampa Rosa which is long gone (out of business)).
- The leaves and branch were colored with SU markers (Choco chip and old olive).
- I also used SU pop dots to raise the greeting and the inchies.
Thanks for looking! Merci de visiter mon blog!
Louise
Edited July 3rd, 2008: Found out today that my entry was selected as honorable mention on Hero Arts Blog here


1 comment:
Je suis les Inchies sur le blog Hero Arts depuis une semaine et j'adore!! Je vais surement en faire moi aussi. Elle est écourante ta carte. Tu as bcp de talent!
Post a Comment